Monday, June 29, 2009

time (clock of the heart)


It's always a mystery to me why two people that should clearly hook up never get around to, or why it takes such a long time for them to eventually do so, when all the conditions for their carnal rendezvous are seemingly within reach. Timing is everything, indeed.

Case in point: Lisa is a girl I've known for a few years. Despite our tongues being intertwined within the span of a few drinks on the very first night we met--and subsequently going out on a date or two--nothing ever came of it. In the interim, she'd dated some doofus for 2 years--a fact which, truth be told, made her significantly less attractive to me--but after that dude was out of the picture, lust and unfinished business between us began to nudge me once again in her direction. It was a fruitless task, however.

Until now.

So, at 3:30 AM with thoughts of some last minute hookup with a friendly partner clouding my judgement as usual, I bumped into Lisa at her fave bar late Saturday night and decided to shower her with my slightly drunken charm. She was sitting with some mutual friends and their guests but when they left shortly thereafter, I went over and made my move. It did not take long to have it bear results. But I had one minor obstacle to overcome.

"It's late. I've gotta go."

"Really? I was hoping you'd stay."

[This is the part of the exchange where the woman will give a reason why she has to leave.
But if she doesn't offer up any and instead asks...]

"Why?"

[...you are sooo in.]

"Because I've missed you and I wanted to spend some one-on-one time with you."

"OK. Let me get my purse and I'll come sit with you."

A little kissing and drinking later we are back at my place pretty much doing what we should've been ages ago. This became especially true to me when I got to gaze at that yummy body, delicious breasts, and those luscious thighs that invitingly lead to the promised land.

But the best thing is, the next day, she didn't want to leave and I didn't want her to go. When was the last time that happened? Hmm...

I don't want to be her boyfriend, though.

1 comment:

martin mena said...

This kind of stories so many people can relate to can be very popular, and relationship has always been a
captivating subject. The way you write them makes me see a great potential in True Love Hates. Keep it up!